One of the main reasons people stay still is due to the fear of judgment. What will others think of my ideas? My views? Are you really living a life you want? Or are you living through the eyes of others? From the second we are born we are shaped by our parents and childhood, then schools kicks the shit out of you. (maybe that was just me) It's kinda like being dumped into the "real" world around age 16. During our school years our self-esteem and value is shaped by praise from others, you did good at school or you did bad. (I did bad) I wasn't told I was good at much, no one picked up on my creative mind. It was just a shit mind because I wasn't getting grades that the school system had decided was "good grades". I had to figure out who I was and work bloody hard on being self-aware. Absolutely nailed it now. I don't need anyone to validate my views, the way I look or the choices I make. I lived for others for many years it nearly killed me. I kept my ideas and visions pushed so far down I actually had physical pain from not acting on them. I was so scared of what others would think. Who the fuck does she think she is? She didn't even go to uni. She's "mental" .Self development will be your best investment. Knowing who you are. What you're good at. What you need help with. Will all lead to the road of given less fucks. Babe enough living for others, enough people pleasing. Don't know if you heard but my sassy honeypot you're not getting out of here alive so think about what YOU want then go create it.
Staying cool, a panic guide
- Don't surround your self with negative company.
- If someone's opinion doesn't match yours this doesn't necessarily make you wrong.
- Not everyone has to like you. Be ok with this.
- Some opinions should be treated as white noise.
- Do you really want to live by other people's views and values? This is your life and there is no second chance.
- Stop doing shit you hate, saying NO is enough.
- No one really cares. Everyone is busy with their own thoughts. You would worry less about what others think of you if you realised how little they actually do.
- Reclaim your freedom by working on you. Knowing yourself means staying head strong comes a lot easier.
- Step out of your comfort zone. Push your limits until you create new ones.
- Don't let fear prevent you from becoming the person you're meant to be.
- If you knew you was going to die tomorrow would you really care what others though of your choices?
- It's impossible to live up to everyone's expectations so quit trying. Live up to yours, be accountable for your behaviour only.